Opening Dec. 5, 2019 at Walt Disney World Resort and Jan. 17, 2020 at Disneyland Resort, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will put guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance in one of the most ambitious and advanced attractions undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering. Designed and built by talented Imagineers and brought to life each day by invaluable cast members, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is the latest exciting experience that guests can find at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
The largest single-themed land expansion in Disney parks’ history, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge features intricate details, impressive innovations and a level of immersion unlike anything before that gives guests the chance to live their own Star Wars adventure. With many experiences to explore and enjoy on the remote planet of Batuu, these historic lands have become a guest favorite – and earned several honors from industry organizations including:
- World’s Greatest Places 2019 from TIME Magazine: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge was recognized for breaking new ground in the travel industry and offering an experience unlike any other.
- Best New Family Attraction of 2019 from Amusement TodayGolden Ticket Awards: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run was awarded for its immersive and technologically advanced experience, taking guests on an action-packed mission flying one of the most famous ships in the galaxy.
- Thea Awards from Themed Entertainment Association: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run was awarded Outstanding Achievement – Attraction for its innovative system and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge was awarded Outstanding Achievement – New Park Land for being an “epic,” “sophisticated” and “genre-redefining” experience for guests.
- Brass Ring Awards from International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions: Experiential merchandise items were honored including:
– Best Hard Good Item for Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers
– Best Visual Merchandising for Droid Depot astromech units
– Best Plush for Porg plush found at the Creature Stall
- Nomination – GRAMMY award: Composed by Oscar-winner John Williams, the “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Symphonic Suite” has been nominated for a GRAMMY award in the “Best Instrumental Composition” category. This original theme, created for the land, has been heard by millions of guests since the lands’ opening earlier this year.