Just when many of us thought Disney would wait until 2013 to give collectors an opportunity to trade pins and Vinylmations, they post the news that they have an event scheduled for 12/6 at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. The event will be held in the Convention Center in Room J and seems to be more of a release party with some trading areas rather than an official trading night. Geared toward the New Fantasyland Pin releases, it seems like a fitting end to an otherwise awesome day after the Grand Opening. To read the entire article from Merchandise Communications Manager, Steven Miller, click here or just read it below
(Via Disney Blog)
I recently shared with you a look at some of the commemorative items that will be released at Magic Kingdom Park on December 6. One thing that won’t be found at Magic Kingdom Park that day will be the limited edition pins created for New Fantasyland. Instead, we will be holding a special release party for the grand opening pin collection that evening at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. This release party will take place in Room J at the Convention Center from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. We will also be offering space for guests to trade pins (or Vinylmation if desired) during that time. We thought this would be a great way for guests to enjoy the magical grand opening of New Fantasyland in the morning then continue the celebration at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in the evening. I spoke with the Disney trading and merchandise events teams to learn what items will be released that night.
During this event, we will be releasing six individual limited edition pins, including the “I Was There!” pin. We will also be releasing a super jumbo-sized pin; a boxed pin set inspired by Casey, Jr.; and individual pins plus the complete boxed set inspired by Walt Disney’s animated classic “Dumbo.”
For Passholders, we will have three individual limited edition pins celebrating Be Our Guest Restaurant,Storybook Circus and Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid. Passholders will also find a limited edition sling bag (edition size 600) and a 24kt coin card (edition size 1,000). A valid Passholder ID must be presented in order to purchase these items.
The most important thing I learned is none of these items will be found in Magic Kingdom Park on December 6 as all quantities will be released at this event. If you plan on attending, guests may start lining up at the Convention Center beginning at 4:00 p.m. (the Resort will not allow guests to line up any earlier).
Also posted in the comments of the post is some additional information from Steven Miller about the pin edition sizes.
– Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid – Ed. Size: 1,500
– Gaston’s Tavern – Ed. Size: 1,000
– Be Our Guest Restaurant – Ed. Size: 1,500
– “I Was There!” – Ed. Size: 1,500
– Pete’s Silly Sideshow – Ed. Size: 1,500
– Enchanted Tales With Belle – Ed. Size: 2,000
– Casey, Jr. Train Set – Ed. Size: 250
– New Fantasyland Super Jumbo Pin – 300
– “Dumbo” box set – The box set has an edition size of 750
– “Dumbo box set individual pins – Five different pins each with an edition size of 1,500
Third image (Passholder Exclusive items):
– Be Our Guest Restaurant pin – Ed. Size: 2,000
– Storybook Circus pin – Ed. Size: 2,000
– Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid pin – Ed. Size: 2,000
– 24kt Coin Card – Ed. Size: 500 (Note: picture says LE 2012)
– Sling bag – Ed. Size: 600