GLENDALE, California (May 2, 2019) — Adventures by Disney will transport guests to the storied land of pharaohs and pyramids in 2020 with the launch of an unforgettable family vacation itinerary in Egypt, a three-part tour featuring adventures by land, river and sea.
Disney’s roster of guided adventures in 2020 also includes more adult-exclusive departures than ever before, with many itineraries offering new activities and experiences tailored to adults. A reimagined trip to Montana and Yellowstone National Park highlights the return of more than 35 popular itineraries around the globe.
The Ultimate Egypt Experience – Transcending Time and Terrain
Few destinations boast the singular mystique that makes Egypt a dream destination for travelers from all over the world. With Adventures by Disney, families will be immersed in the allure of both ancient and modern Egypt during a skillfully planned itinerary developed with the trusted family travel expertise of Disney.
The journey will deliver up-close encounters with the legendary landmarks and rich history of ancient Egypt, complemented by interactive introductions to the customs and culture of contemporary Cairo. From there, an enchanting cruise along the Nile River provides access to lesser-known — but no less wondrous — relics of the old world, and an indulgent retreat on the colorful shores of the Red Sea offers a refreshing blend of fun in the sun and relaxation.
Highlights from the 10-day, nine-night Egypt vacation include:
- Visits to breathtaking ancient monuments with the expert guidance of a world-class Egyptologist. These include the world-famous pyramids and Sphinx of Giza; the Valley of the Kings and Tutankhamun’s tomb; and the temples of Luxor, Kom Ombo, Horus at Edfu, Philae and Karnak.
- Immersive experiences at the brand-new Grand Egyptian Museum, which opens to the public in 2020. Here, guests can embark on an interactive King Tut-themed treasure hunt or peruse the museum’s state-of-the-art exhibits at their leisure.
- Access to the inner wonders of the Great Pyramid of Giza during a tour of the burial chamber of Pharaoh Cheops.
- Interactive cultural activities, such as a chef-led cooking class on Egyptian specialties, a Nubian folkloric show and henna tattoo experience, and a hieroglyphic writing lesson.
- Picture-perfect outings in surreal settings, like a voyage on a traditional Egyptian felucca sailboat, visits to lively local markets and a private beachside Bedouin-themed dinner.
- A three-night cruise along the Nile River with premium accommodations and themed entertainment, followed by a two-night stay at a luxurious beachside resort in Sharm El Sheikh, including a full day snorkeling excursion on a private boat to visit the famous coral reefs of the Red Sea.
Adventures by Disney will offer 11 Egypt departures in 2020, five of which are reserved for adult travelers. The adult-only itinerary features an exclusive VIP tour of the conservation rooms at the Grand Egyptian Museum, where millennia-old artifacts lie uncovered and unrestored — a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Adventures by Disney guests.
New Experiences Offer Sophisticated Fun for Adults
As part of Adventures by Disney’s expansion of adult-exclusive departures, new programming will be added to select itineraries in 2020 to further tailor the experience for adults. Perfect for groups of friends, couples, extended family and adults traveling with their parents, these vacations offer the all-inclusive, hassle-free fun of an Adventures by Disney trip for travelers seeking sophistication, variety and adventure.
New adult-exclusive programming includes the behind-the-scenes museum tour in Egypt; a ceviche cooking class and artisan beer tasting in Costa Rica; a culinary walking tour of Athens’ central market in Greece; a behind-the-scenes experience at a Sichuan “face-changing” opera in China; a premium five-course meal with cocktail pairings in Australia; mango-carving and coffee-tasting activities in Laos; and a private nighttime excursion in search of the Northern Lights in Iceland, among others.
Returning Adventures to the Old West, Far East and Beyond
The 2020 itinerary lineup includes the return of popular itineraries around the globe, with more than 35 vacations on six continents currently available in the growing portfolio. The diverse mix of itineraries includes incredible international destinations such as Japan, South Africa, Peru and Scotland, as well as some of North America’s most iconic sites including Alaska, New York City, and Arizona and Utah. These purposefully designed, hassle-free vacation experiences provide unique opportunities for families to discover the world together, along with the expert services of two Disney-trained Adventure Guides.
Adventures by Disney continues to enhance existing itineraries with compelling new activities for guests to enjoy. During the Montana and Yellowstone National Park vacation — which transports guests to the Old West to witness spectacular natural wonders, go glamping under the stars and live large at a rustic dude ranch — new experiences in 2020 include a visit to the Norris Geyser Basin and one-night stay in beautiful Bozeman, Montana.
Adventures by Disney also recently announced its most extensive season of European river cruises ever for 2020, including a brand-new vacation in southern France along the Rhone River. The record-breaking 27 departures also include itineraries on the Danube, Rhine and Seine rivers. Sailing with AmaWaterways, a premier luxury river cruise line, these all-inclusive vacations allow guests to explore the heart of Europe in a way that’s active, immersive and worry free. River cruise adventures for 2020 are currently available for booking.
Bookings for all other 2020 vacations open May 16, 2019. To learn more about Adventures by Disney or to book a vacation, guests can visit adventuresbydisney.com, call 1-800-543-0865 or contact their travel agent.